The Coburg North processing plant occupied for some 60 years by smallgoods supplier Tibaldi is for lease.
Covering both sides of Lens Street, and also with frontage to Charles Street, the landmark holding is being offered in part or as a whole.
It includes buildings with a total area of 7566 square metres configured with chillers, dry storage spaces and preparation rooms previously used for boning and production.
The smallest tenancy is 1500 sqm.
Tibaldi, established by Frank Tibaldi in 1934, sold about five years ago to Ridders, directed by Andrew Ridder, Paul Moss and Steve Moss.
The parent recently built a larger facility for Tibaldi on part of its Clayton headquarters, next to another owner-occupied manufacturing plant.
The Coburg North offering
The Coburg North structures – two single storey brick warehouses and a double storey office/warehouse – cover more than half of the west side of Lens Street and abut Coburg North Village, a shopping centre developed in 2018 by Coles and which sold last year for $47 million.
On the east side of Lens Street the Tibaldi offering includes two allotments used for car parking (all up, the facility has about 60 bays).
The agents believe the site would suit red meat, poultry and other food related suppliers.
“Given its substantial size and specialised food grade improvements, the property also offers any incoming tenants enormous flexibility as to how it can be utilised,” Mr Carbone said.
It is easily accessible to CityLink and Melbourne Metropolitan Ring Road, he added.
Elsewhere in the immediate area, another premium quality food supplier – Bruno Distributors – recently developed a large office/warehouse facility and sold its smaller inner city (Brunswick East) base of 30 years to an apartment builder.
One of the suburb’s biggest landholdings, Visy Coburg North – Food Can, is also around the corner, as is Coburg Velodrome, a rave venue and home of Coburg Cycling, one of Australia’s oldest cycling clubs.
Coburg North is about 11 kilometres north of the Melbourne CBD.