Monash City Council Sells Former Aged Care Facility, Oakleigh South

MONASH City Council has sold a spectacularly located development site opposite the Huntingdale Golf Club to a developer for $3.76 million.

The 6712 square metre, Residential 1 zoned block at 1213 – 1217 Centre Road on the north-east corner of Huntingdale Road, in Oakleigh South, was until recently known as the Clarinda Centre For The Aged.

Next door to a former quarry, the site is expected to make way for a medium density apartment project, but was not sold with a permit.

Read more

Evolve Development Subdivides Substantial Keilor Estate

EVOLVE Development, the construction company part controlled by former Fairfax chairman Ron Walker, has paid a speculated $4.5 million for a 1.6 hectare estate in an elevated pocket of Keilor, 17 kilometres north-west of town.

The former family owned homestead which stretches from Faye Crescent to Green Gully Road, has been subdivided into 14 lots ranging in size from 874 square metres to 1665 square metres. They are expected to sell for an average price of $900,000.

A new street – Lindsay Place – has been developed off Faye Crescent as part of Evolve’s subdivision, branded The Orchard.

Read more

Lexus Buys Former News Limited and Cottees Facility, Blackburn

160 Whitehorse Road AerialLEXUS of Blackburn – whose radio advertisements wake tens of thousands of Victorians ahead of 3AW’s popular Rumour File – has itself settled speculation it has made a major property play.

The prestige car dealership is understood to have paid about $12 million for News Limited’s former Leader Newspaper facility at 160 Whitehorse Road, near its existing facility at 146 Whitehorse Road.

Lexus will develop an iconic, new car facility on the site at the corner of Railway Road and near the Blackburn train station – set to highlight the brand’s environmental credentials.

Read more

Another High Street Armadale Site Sells, Apartments Planned

ARMADALE’s next major mixed use project looks likely to rise from the site of a rundown collection of buildings between 1196 – 1200 High Street.

A local private investor and developer paid $5.525 million for the 706 square metre site, which is expected will make way for an apartment building with ground floor retail, and maybe some upper level offices.

Property developer and the former owner of Malvern’s Giorgio’s restaurant, George Saade, bid at the auction according to sources.

Read more

Former Government Pound Hits Market as Development Site

A MAJOR development site offloaded by the State Government six years ago for $2.8 million, has hit the market again, and is expected to sell for almost twice that amount.

The former Box Hill dog pound at the south-east corner of Canterbury Road and Hay Street is being offloaded by retirement village operators, who have decided against building a major 76-unit aged care facility on the site.

The block will be sold with two permits – allowing for an aged care redevelopment, or a more medium density traditional residential development with ground floor shops.

Read more

Vision Australia Sells Prahran Site For $21 Million

Chapel Street, PrahranDeveloper Caydon Property has agreed to pay Vision Australia $21 million for a Prahran site with a permit for a major apartment complex.

Vision Australia had agreed to sell the property, and another development site behind it about two years ago, however that deal did not proceed.

The front piece of land, which has just sold, is expected to be developed into a 330 unit apartment complex with ten ground floor shops, according to CBRE’s Mark Wizel and Andrew Dawkins, who marketed the site.

Read more

Two Prominent Waterfront Properties Hit the Market in Williamstown

THE wind of chain continues to bluster through the peaceful suburb of Williamstown, with two of the western suburb’s most prominent sites, hitting the market this week.

The Anchorage Marina and restaurant, developed on land and a seabed leased but controlled from Parks Victoria, is currently the most prominent of the two sites.

It includes a near new and state-of-the-art 90-berth marina, associated boatsheds and offices, built on what was once the historic Parsons boatshed.

Read more
error: Content is protected !!